Saturday, September 18, 2010

Merry X-Mas

This lovely "vignette" sits in the corner of the living room. What is it? you ask. Well, let me start from the bottom. Here, we have a metal Christmas tree stand with one broken leg. It can no longer support an actual tree, so someone donated it to the Salvation Army. Where my mother bought it and decided to turn it into a plant stand. How? Well, she put a metal platter on top of the stand (provenance unknown), then placed an enormous ceramic pot on top of the platter (again, provenance unknown, but I suspect it's from Ktown). As a crowning touch, she placed a round cutting board (provenance: Salvation Army) on the very top. I have no idea why she wanted to cover the pot. Maybe because she wanted to put an actual potted plant on the tippy top? In any case, my mother has many of such bizarre structures all over her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment